Crazy Zauberball is two strands of the main ply which have been dyed individually and then twisted together to form a fun, bold and self-striping yarn. The gradients of color are what makes this yarn’s name — Crazy Zauberball — as the colors play against each other. As you knit the colors change — sometimes subtly, sometimes noticeably. We warn you — knitters fall in love with this yarn.
Use this yarn is great for socks, scarves, shawl, hats and mittens. Be sure to look up Crazy Zauberball on Ravelry and look at all of the exciting shawl patterns that use this yarn.
Content: 75% virgin wool; 25% nylon
Needle Size: 2-3 mm (approximately US 0-2) needles
Skein Size: 100 gram; 459 yards, 2 ply
Regular price: $24.00 per ball
More About Crazy Zauberball
We love the color names that Schoppel-Wolle, the German manufacturer of this yarn, gives to Crazy Zauberball color combinations. We describe the colors briefly in this list. For more color information, click on a color in the selection bar and see what we like about that ball of Crazy Zauberball.
- 1507 — Autumn Wind — teal, brown, taupe, burgundy
- 1511 — Submarine Boat — blue, black, turquoise, gray
- 1535 — Stonewashed — navy, cornflower, no cream
- 1537 — Autumn Sun — multi: orange, red, teal, blue, navy
- 1564 — Tropical Fish
- 1699 — Lilac Flavor — purple, lavender, navy, light blue
- 1702 — Papillion (French, for butterfly) — multi: red, orange, gold, turquoise, coral
- 2082 — Charisma — magenta, black, hint of blue
- 2092 — My Sweet Side — orange, gray, tan, red
- 2095 — Indisch Red — pink, plum, magenta, purple
- 2099 — Blue Break — blue, navy, cornflower, cream, turquoise
- 2100 — Domino — gray, black, cream/white
- 2170 — Blasser Shimmer — green, blue, pink
- 2204 — Green Week — gray, green, dark gray
- 2248 — Cinnamon Bun
- 2250 — Jacket & Trousers — green, brown, turquoise, cream
- 2266 — Milestone — khaki, brown, blue
- 2311 — Route 66 — orange, purple, burgundy
- 2312 — Piano Bar — green, brown, dull magenta, touch of gold
- 2332 — Hourglass — blue, gray, yellow, black
- 2395 — Camouflage — turquoise, terra cotta, blue
About knitting with Zauberball: When knitting, always begin from the outside of the ball. Pulling from the inside will cause the yarn to stretch and tangle.