Hand dyed with colorways inspired by the sun’s parade of light in cloud, here’s Wolkenspiel, a premium sock yarn from Zitron in Germany. Wolkenspiel knits up soft and smooth. It’s a delight to work with and would make lovely shawls and scarves. If you crochet, consider this yarn for its color changes and subtlety. Knitters, think cowls and shawls and, of course, socks!
Beware. These are luscious skeins of yarn. The colors could be characterized as sensuous. Just beautiful shading in the color changes. We warned you!
Content: 80% Extrafine Superwash Merino Wool, 20% Nylon
Skein Size: 437 yards per 100 gram hank
Recommended Needle: US 0-3 (2.0 mm – 3.25 mm)
Gauge: 6.5 – 8.5 stitches per inch
Suggested Retail: $28.00
Colors: Graywood Designs carries these colors as of 2020
- 2215 Laubfrosch — Tree frog — green/yellow/yellow-green
- 2218 Konigsfisch –King Fish — pink/purple/teal/blue
- 2217 Chamaleon — Chameleon — lime green/blue/yellow/pink/purple
- 2200 Abendrot — Afterglow — red/orange/dark scarlet
- 2222 Tiefe See — Deep Sea — blue/navy/dark plum/black
- 2223 Bunter Vogel — Colorful Bird — red/orange/yellow/blue/teal
- 2221 Blauer Reiter — Blue Rider — cobalt blue/turquoise/blue
- 2220 Silberreiher — Great Egret — silver gray/ice blue/dark gray blue
***Thanks to Google Translate, we had fun doing the German to English translating, but offer our apologies to our friends who are fluent in German. We did our best.