Synchrony is a blend of 60% cotton and 40% wool that comes in solid colors and hand painted colorways. The cotton provides the cool and the wool provides the warm in this innovative approach to a blended yarn.
Brown Sheep first offered this yarn labelled as Serendipity Tweed. If you have a few skeins in your stash that say Serendipity Tweed, well then, you have the predecessor yarn to Synchrony. Notice that the wool content is 40%. In some of the solid skeins you will see the wool as a lighter color; in others, the wool and the cotton are more subtle and closer in color.
The hand painted colorways are an absolute delight. They are a riot of color and fun to knit into a wrap or a shawl, a cardigan, a hat — you name it!
Brown Sheep suggests hand wash, dry flat to care for garments made in Synchrony.
Content: 60% cotton, 40% wool
Needle Size/Gauge: 5 sts per inch on US#7
Skein Size: 3.5 ounce (100 gram) twisted hank, 210 yards (191 meters)
Suggested Retail: $12.95-$17.40 per skein
Colors: Synchrony Solids:
- ST01 Baby’s Breath-creamy off white
- ST04 Yellow Buttercup-soft yellow heathered with a light yellow
- ST24 Morning Glory-baby blue heathered with light blue
- ST32 Indigo Delphinium-medium blue heathered with a light blue
- ST72 Pink Carnation-medium pink heathered with a lighter pink
- ST84 Nebraska Wheat-tan brown heathered with light grey
- ST92 Black Iris-black heathered with medium grey
- ST94 Garden Green-light green heathered with a clover green
Synchrony Hand Painted Colorways:
- ST200 Birthday Bash-red, orange, yellow, green, blue***Color Discontinued
- ST201 Soiree-blue, teal, and lavender
- ST202 Harvest Festival ** Color Discontinued
- ST203 Picnic-orange, blush pink, teal, green, and purple
- ST204 Garden Party-taupe, creamy white, lavender, and mint green
- ST205 Ballet-grey, black, plum, pink, and blush pink
- ST206 Teatime-pink & yellow
- ST207 Shindig-shades of green, & plum purple***Color Discontinued
- ST208 Concert-shades of red, plum, and maroon
Pattern suggestion: Element, a lightweight wrap in a simple shape, pattern by Graywood Designs. This easy-to-knit shawl is accented with one button. So, be sure to add one really big artsy fartsy ceramic button to your shopping list when you head out to an arts and crafts event!
Wanda’s note: We put Synchrony into our sport/DK weight category, but some of you will find that you can get a gauge that is more akin to worsted weight. Once again, knit a swatch and find out how this yarn handles for you.
Photo credits: Brown Sheep Company, Inc. Used with permission.