This tweedy adaptation of everyone’s favorite Merino/Bamboo fusion features seven spirited colorways which incorporate coordinating flecks that provide a balanced pop of color and depth. Created in the same great DK weight as our standard Sueño, there are countless available pattern options to keep your needles busy all year long!
Sueno is a blend of soft superwash merino and bamboo, and is made with strength and wearability in mind. Sueno Tweed has a slight amount of bamboo flecking added to the yarn. The perfect amount of spring (some knitters call this “bounce”) makes knitting with it a pleasure, and allows for a variety of suitable gauges. Try this yarn at a sock gauge of 6-8 stitches per inch; or use it at sweater gauge of 5 stitches per inch. The roundness and bounce allows versatility in gauge and needle size.
Sueno (pronounced “Swen-Yo”) means “dream” in Spanish, and that alone gives a big clue as to the pleasure of knitting with this yarn.
Content: 69% Superwash Merino Wool, 16% Viscose from Bamboo, 15% Donegal Viscose
Skein Size: 255 yards per 100 gram hank
Recommended Needle: US #3-7 (3.25 mm-4.50 mm)
Gauge: 5-6 stitches per inch
Suggested Retail: $18.00
Graywood Designs carries all seven colors
- 1601 Breathe Blue — light blue with purple, yellow, and pink tweed
- 1602 Flying Fuchsia — pink plum with yellow, white, and blue tweed
- 1603 Peaceful Purple — eggplant purple with yellow, pink, and blue tweed
- 1604 Grateful Gold — butter yellow with pink, blue, and white tweed
- 1605 Comforting Cream — milky cream with purple, yellow, and pink tweed
- 1606 Soothing Silver — silver gray with pink, purple, and yellow tweed
- 1607 Grandiose Gray — dark gun metal with blue, pink, and yellow tweed
Designer’s Comment from Wanda Eichler of Graywood Designs:
I designed the Throwback Tee short sleeve sweater using Sueno. I wanted a DK weight yarn for a lighter weight sweater than could be a three seasons wearable. Now here’s Sueno Tweed. Awesome. Choose one of these luscious tweeds and knit your very own #TBTee!
My choice? I’m leaning toward that soft golden yellow, Color 1604 “Grateful Gold.” You will need 3-4 skeins for a Throwback Tee, depending on size. Mosey on over to the link below to read more about knitting this sweater.