A sister yarn to HiKoo Simplicity, Simplicity Spray offers softness and color variations. You will love the soft feel as you create beautiful sweaters, scarves, and any accessory. The color, well, who doesn’t get a special thrill from innovative color?!
Spray is dyed using a new technique that can be called “sponal,” a combination of speckled plus tonal. Clearly there is a serendipitous twist to a yarn like Simplicity Spray!
Content: 55% Merino Superwash, 28% Acrylic, 17% Nylon
Skein Size: 456 yards per 200 gram cake
Recommended Needle: US 4-5; 3.5-4mm
Gauge: 5 stitches per inch
Colors: Graywood Designs carries these colors as of August 2019
- 667 Girly—strong coral with a baby pink speckled with light heather grey
- 668 Boyish—very subtle speckled blue in winter white
- 669 Vintage—speckled subtle brown in winter white
- 670 Teal—sea foam speckled with a teal blue & aquamarine
- 671 Chambray—blue colorway speckled dark and lighter shades
- 672 Coral—very subtle coral speckled shades light and dark
- 673 Pebble—shades of black and grey speckled dark and light
We like this suggested pattern for Simplicity Spray, available on Ravelry. This is the Alzada Shawl by Irina Eberhardt, knit in Color 668 Boyish. Alzada calls for three colors, but we are showing it knit in one. The tonal changes in the yarn, coupled with the speckling, make this a knockout project!