Prairie Spun DK Yarn from Brown Sheep Company is a 3-ply, 100% US wool. The color palette is inspired by the beautiful prairie in Nebraska.
The DK weight (or sport weight, as it can be called) results in a lighter, more fluid fabric than its heavier cousin, worsted weight. Many hand knitting designs for cardigans and pullovers use the DK weight because it results in a lighter weight garment.
We like the fact that Brown Sheep Co., located in Nebraska, provides the hand knitting market with a variety of yarns sourced here in the US.
Content: 100% US wool, 3 ply
Needle Size/Gauge: 22 sts per 4 inches on US#6
Skein Size: 3.5 ounce (100 gram) twisted hank, 256 yards
Suggested Retail: $10.00
Colors: Brown Sheep makes 25 colors. As of July 2018, we are carrying the following colors
- 05 Half & Half–creamy snow white
- 25 Owl Grey–dark heather gray
- 30 Swallowtail Butterfly–subtle goldenrod yellow
- 35 Honeycomb–golden yellow/orange
- 50 Red Barn–bright cherry red
- 65 Huckleberry Pie–dark royal purple
- 75 Dancing Leaf–medium gray green
- 90 Clover–true emerald green
- 95 Wild Indigo–dark teal blue green
- 105 Denim Jeans–deep cobalt blue
- 120 Cypress Leaves–medium kelly green
- 125 Misty Mountain–muted turquoise
- 130 Shimmery Mauve–medium pink