We have carried HiKoo Simplicity for several years and like the verasatility of this lighter weight worsted yarn. With Simplicity Spray, HiKoo is capturing the unique color process of a speckling and a tonal technique, all wound up in cakes that are fun to knit.
Learn about Simplicity Spray
- Simplicity Spray is a lighter weight yarn in the DK class. You might know the DK weight as sport weight. There are 456 yards per 200 gram cake.
- This yarn is a blend of 55% superwash merino, 28% acrylic, and 17% nylon. The merino and acrylic add softness; the acrylic and nylon add durability and washability.
- Simplicity Spray’s label gauge is 5 stitches per inch on US #4-5 needles (3.5 mm – 4.0 mm).
- There is a range of color, all of them with a soft, tonal quality.
- Consider this yarn for shawls, cowls, and scarves. It’s softeness lends it to being warm and soft to the skin. A baby cardigan or child’s pullover would be wonderful in Simplicity Spray.
Here’s what our distributor, Skacel, has to say about Simplicity Spray:
“The same fiber content you know and love is now available in 200 gram cakes.
Featuring a brand-new dye technique and an entirely new color palette,
this yarn is sure to inspire your next sweater, blanket or accessory!”
Suggested Patterns for Simplicity Spray
Alzada Shawl by Irina Eberhardt — Pattern available on Ravelry. Shown here knit in Color 668 Boyish. The pattern calls for three colors but with Spray and the 200 gram cake, you can knit this shawl with one cake and not change colors.
TopKnot Hat by Graywood Designs — available both on our website HERE and on Ravelry Here. One cake of Simplicity Spray would probably make 6-8 of these hats for little kids. If you are a charity knitter, this yarn allows you to knit away and get great results with every little hat that comes off your needles.
AND if you are a hat knitter, consider adding a set of AddiClick Short Tip Rocket interchangeable needles to your needle collection. The short tips allow you to make any size of 16″ needle from US #4 on up to US # 10 and 11. The set includes a cable that is short enough to make a 16″ needle. It is an awesome tool to have at your fingertips for knitting hats.