Made in Peru, Sueno is a blend of soft superwash merino and bamboo, and is made with strength and wearability in mind. The perfect amount of spring (some knitters call this “bounce”) makes knitting with it a pleasure, and allows for a variety of suitable gauges. Try this yarn at a sock gauge of 8 stitches per inch; or use it at sweater gauge of 5 stitches per inch. The roundness and bounce will allow versatility in gauge and needle size.
Available in a wide range of lustrous solids, this washable yarn is perfect for socks, sweaters, accessories, kids garments, and hard-wearing garments that will last a lifetime.
Sueno (pronounced “Swen-Yo”) means “dream” in Spanish, and that alone gives a big clue as to the pleasure of knitting with this yarn.
Content: 89% washable merino wool, 20% viscose from bamboo
Recommended Needle Size: US #3-7, 3.25 – 4.5 mm
Gauge: 5-6 stitches per inch
Skein Size: 255 yards per 100 gram skein
Companion yarn: HiKoo Sueno Tonal
Colors that we carry as of May 2017:
- 1193 Buttercream — soft yellow, so hard to find
- 1190 Chartreuse — vibrant yellow green, this color absolutely sings when paired with 1150 Plum
- 1164 Slated — really a sea green, teal type color
- 1151 Forget Me Not
- 1135 Indigo — deeper blue with intense highlights
- 1108 Shifting Sands
- 1152 Dusty Rose — think “Ashes of Roses,” like Maggie’s gown in “The Thornbirds”
- 1125 Paprika — Rusty, yet vibrant red-orange, good color to wear if you don’t like orange or red
- 1182 Dusty Lilac
- 1137 Steel Blue
- 1124 Barn Door
- 1150 Plum — toned down purple, leans toward deeper lilac, luscious color
- 1123 Blush
- 1110 Gray — mid value gray, does not shade toward brown or blue as grays is wont to do
- 1101 Gray Heather